Oh God x3
Over the past week and a half I've encountered three instances of me saying "Oh God." Now trying to describe them without all of your climbing out of the gutter, I must say that the first was a thoughtful birthday gift from my wife. She took me to see Eric Clapton at the United Center last week. The man is older but he is still a guitar god.
The second instance was thinking about the songs that are fighting for dominance in my head: "Egg Man" by the Beastie Boys, "Question Jam Answer" by Fela Kuti, and "Chameleon" by Herbie Hancock. Now the first one I'm sure the lot of you have heard, the second I'm sure that a few of you have heard, and the third one maybe a few of you have heard. But that three diverse songs have been duking it out in my skull is driving me nuts, to the point of saying "God get them out of there."
The third instance happened on my way back from an all day class in Indianapolis, Indiana on the benefits of doing your own design work in your remodeling company. Yes I know I don't work for a remodeling company but that was what the class was about, not what the description was about. I digress, while driving there and back I was listening to a book on CD "Twelve Sharp" by Janet Evanovich. A truly entertaining and amusing book, so funny that I had to pull over to recover from the jokes. When I entered the rest area on I-65 northbound I saw something in the vending machine that was worthy of an "Oh God." You know how at Macy's they sell iPods in the vending machines, how about Christian Music?!
Now how does that grab you?
The second instance was thinking about the songs that are fighting for dominance in my head: "Egg Man" by the Beastie Boys, "Question Jam Answer" by Fela Kuti, and "Chameleon" by Herbie Hancock. Now the first one I'm sure the lot of you have heard, the second I'm sure that a few of you have heard, and the third one maybe a few of you have heard. But that three diverse songs have been duking it out in my skull is driving me nuts, to the point of saying "God get them out of there."
The third instance happened on my way back from an all day class in Indianapolis, Indiana on the benefits of doing your own design work in your remodeling company. Yes I know I don't work for a remodeling company but that was what the class was about, not what the description was about. I digress, while driving there and back I was listening to a book on CD "Twelve Sharp" by Janet Evanovich. A truly entertaining and amusing book, so funny that I had to pull over to recover from the jokes. When I entered the rest area on I-65 northbound I saw something in the vending machine that was worthy of an "Oh God." You know how at Macy's they sell iPods in the vending machines, how about Christian Music?!
Now how does that grab you?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home