Near Legendary
This past weekend I had a near legendary party experience. While I was at the Lake with my friends and family, I played a game called Sheepshead and drank some bourbon with good friends. We drank Booker's and drank it all down in about six hours. The players in this game were: me, Gigi my sister, Dean my sister who was at Whiskey Fest, Thor my brother-in-law & married to Gigi, Wimply a lake neighbor/friend/childhood tormenter, Pasha one of my groomsmen, and the Mystique known as Johnny Power. Johnny started the night by cutting himself instead of a potato, and requiring six stitches and a repair job on his right forefinger's flexor tendon. So Johnny needed pain meds and Booker's was the only thing available. The night ended well for some poor for others and some were really hung over the next day. The evening would've been more legendary if it wasn't so hard on me the next day.

7 Comments:
Let's call this post "What I WON'T do at my wedding".
By
Anonymous, at May 18, 2006 at 12:32 PM
*laughing*
See, and I think that there's no better way to celebrate (except, of course, for the Awesome 80's Prom-Themed wedding I'm planning)... hey, at least you have some kind of wonderful story to tell, right?
By
Anonymous, at May 19, 2006 at 8:43 AM
Do the men get to wear pastels at your 80's wedding as well as the girls.
By
The Big Man, at May 19, 2006 at 10:43 AM
> Let's call this post "What I WON'T do at my wedding".
You'll wish you had.
By
Anonymous, at May 19, 2006 at 8:59 PM
I don't think that puking up a quart of whiskey into the bushes is the photo op we're looking to set up...
Mild tipsiness, sure. This was more like an after-school special.
By
Anonymous, at May 20, 2006 at 6:13 PM
Parts of my life have been an after-school special. Now I just want to stop giving ideas to those writers.
By
The Big Man, at May 22, 2006 at 8:25 AM
Come on, j.ko, how hysterical would it be to look back on those pictures one day and say, "Oh, right. Daddy's piss drunk in that one." and "Wow. Did I really throw up THAT MUCH??"
It'd be great. Admit it.
And TBM, of course you can wear pastels. Hell, show up in a Metallica T-shirt for all I care.
By
Anonymous, at May 24, 2006 at 10:31 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home